Castle Euro 46 Keypad Backlight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have scoured this forum and couldn't find an answer so apologies if this has been answered before

I have just successfully installed my alarm system this morning. All fine but just one minor question. The keypad backlights turn off after about 60 seconds and I'd like it to stay on permanently. It's a Castle Euro 46 Keypad with prox tag reader.

I have been through the instructions and all through the available options on the system itself but just can't find it. (n)

Any help appreciated

Josh

Sponsored Links
Panel design to be energy efficient and also prevent information being displayed to show status of alarm.This can not be changed I believe.

Press and hold ‘D’ enter security code 2000 press No to each question until you see “backlight” press D or B to toggle the [0] to a [1] (might be the other way)

Once finished press ‘A’ to escape.

The blue LEDs used by Pyronix are poor quality and eventually die or go very dull, this is why they made it time out, plus when used in bedrooms they tend to illuminate the entire room.

Good luck.

Panel design to be energy efficient and also prevent information being displayed to show status of alarm.This can not be changed I believe.
Thanks for your reply much appreciated,
Press and hold ‘D’ enter security code 2000 press No to each question until you see “backlight” press D or B to toggle the [0] to a [1] (might be the other way)

Once finished press ‘A’ to escape.

The blue LEDs used by Pyronix are poor quality and eventually die or go very dull, this is why they made it time out, plus when used in bedrooms they tend to illuminate the entire room.

Good luck.

Thank you, I did try this today because I saw that on a reply to another guy asking the same question but he had the Wireless enforcer kit

When I pressed D and entered 2000 it took me to a menu but none of the options related to the backlight as far as I could see, but I will try again tomorrow maybe I did something wrong :unsure:

Might even consider just leaving it timing out, it's not really a big issue I guess I just like the light up blue LED look :D

Sponsored Links
Press and hold D - you must see “enter security code” then 2000. Backlight option will be in that menu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back