Cavity trays

SVP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do these look like they have been installed correctly? I thought they have to be linked to the lead flashing?

Attachments

• PXL_20201010_072556005.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201010_072556005.MP.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 205
  • PXL_20201010_072535511.jpg
    PXL_20201010_072535511.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 276
Sponsored Links
I thought it doesn't look right, do you know how they should be fitted?

Sponsored Links
Excuse my stupidity but what is the issue? I'm clueless about this? I need to spell it out to the builder

The cavity tray is to high, it should be integral with the flashing. Building control will condemn it as well.

Ok so building control said it's not right. What are the risks of wall collapse by removing old and fitting new integrated with lead flashing?

Ok so building control said it's not right. What are the risks of wall collapse by removing old and fitting new integrated with lead flashing?
None unless you remove the cavity trays in one operation. It has to be done in stages.

It would be 2 days work for a single brickie,as frutbunn says done in stages, ie do top section first then part of bottom section one day, next day the remainder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back