cavity wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone please help.my neighbours had there walls insulated some time ago and for the past few months we have had fumes which are getting worse by the day.stinging eyes,tingling lips and burning throat.the installers have been back and said that it is not the fibres in next doors wall which came into our cavity as well,but they did our cavity walls with beads free of charge anyway.we cannot have any heat on in the house as this makes the fumes worse.we have had everyman from sewage to enviromental health around but no-one can come up with an answer.i do hope someone out there can. thankyou

Sponsored Links
If they had the insulated done "some time ago" but you have only recently been getting these fumes, then that does not suggest a connection.

I am aware of a potential issue with Urea-formaldehyde injected foam, and this can lead to symptoms like you have described, but blown fibre or poly beads are relatively inert.

See HSE site for info on UF foam, effects and treatment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back