CCTV Kit recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am after a CCTV kit and wondered if anyone had any kit recommendations. I dont want to pay the earth at the minute so am shopping in the £300 ish range.

I would like 3 camera's with a DVR that i can hookup to a tv or monitor. Nightvision obviously required and as good a picture as money can buy.

Any tips?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hikvision....don't buy cheap Unknown brands as there is no support .....
Turbo dvr around £60
Wd purple HD £50 - £130 for 1-4 tb ( you need a 2tb min )
TVI camera £35 upwards each
All prices plus vat

Cheers guys. Hikvision seems to have a good reputation on the forums so looks the kit to go to.

Take it all this gear you can view via apps on your phone and stuff.

Can anyone give me a brief laymans explanation of the difference between a normal CCTV setup you can buy from screwfix/argos etc and IP's?

Any particular sites or stockists you guys use that you can recommend as id like to speak to someone so i can get the correct cabling etc.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Yeah there's apps.

Conventional systems are coax. They are analogue. And you need to either use shotgun cable (which is coax and power) or have a local power supply.

IP Cameras are digital, use cat5 network cable and the nvr powers them via Poe. Cable is easier to run, resolutions are better. And it's the future :) slightly more expensive but worth it.

Missed that bit! Potentially not then ... I spent about 350 so far on 3 cameras and nvr. Amazon warehouse for most of it!

Trade price + vat of course !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    407.1 KB · Views: 97

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back