Cedar Lebanon tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm about to remove a huge cedar tree from my garden and was wondering if there was an opportunity to reclaim some of this to help with garden renovation costs.

If so any ideas how I would go about selling the wood off/ who do I target?

Cheers

Sid

Sponsored Links
Firewood?

Are you going to be on the chainsaw, or the customer?

If its a decent size a local sawmill might be the best bet? access will be by far the main issue.

Don't think your going to get someone to come and pay you to fell it and take it away though.... You may get someone who'll pay a bit for it once down but the cost of tree surgeons to fell it might make you weak at the knees.

Hi

Yes ill be on the saw and its coming down either way, whether it ends up down the local tip/recycling center or in a skip :D

I just wondered whether there was an opportunity to make a bit of money and put it to some use.

I also have the same dilemma with 10 tone of reclaimed Stone that needs to be shifted :mad:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have it down then you could definately get someone to come take it away and maybe get a few quid for it. try local firewood guys. They are pretty prolific now with the onset of so many woodburners.

The stone likewise you will stuggle to get good money for it but maybe a couple of hundred at the top end? Its like all these things, if you bagged it and could hang on to it for a while you would easily sell it for 80 quid a ton but shifting and double handling it back and forth is a pain. Not to mention 10t of stone is a decent pile space wise.

Just be careful letting anyone else use a chainsaw on the property, for the sake of a few quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back