Ceiling plaster joins advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’m currently turning a single car garage into a second lounge room which involves attaching plasterboard to the walls & ceiling.

The ceiling has 4 cross beams & I have attached 5 noggins between each crossbeam evenly at approx 300mm intervals to use to have more attachment points to screw the plasterboard onto.

I’m using 1200mm wide plasterboard & as the garage beams don’t always match this width, I’ve used small pieces of plasterboard with cornice cement as back ‘tabs’ for the next sheet to join the next plasterboard between where I’ve been able to screw together the sheets.

I’m about to apply plaster to the tapered joins on the plasterboard to sand off & paint but I’m worried the join isn’t solid enough & may crack if put under any pressure.

Are there any other methods to solidify this join at this stage? I thought of screwing the tapered ends together in some way before I plaster but am open to ideas.

Thanks for any info/links you may find helpful. : )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back