Ceiling rose problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, got a problem that's driving me nuts. Had to rewire a ceiling rose that has a line in, switch, lamp, line to another light on the same switch and then a line to another lamp in a different room.

The configuration is standard;
Live,live / loop, loop, loop / n, n, n

I have it wired so the outer live goes to the lamp and lamp in the same room, the inner is the switch blue wire, then the brown is in the first loop. The middle loop has the brown to the lamp in the next room, then the last loop has the brown line in. The neutrals then deal with all the blue wires.

The issue is that the light switch doesn't work. All the lights come on and the switch for the other room works fine, but the two lights controlled by this switch are just always on.

I'm a DIY beginner so guessing I've missed something really obvious, does anyone have any ideas? I have already replaced the ceiling rose and the switch was working before the rewiring. HELP!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I will try upload some pictures soon, using phone at the moment!

I have followed a few diagrams and don't THINK I am running a permanent live, but will look at your links.

I did pop the breaker a couple of times before looking up some decent instructions so I guess blowing the switch is a high possibility too! Damn.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back