cement weld big pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Does any of you know any tricks of the trade on how to apply cement weld around a 110 mm soil pipe quickly so that it can be pushed all the way into a 110 mm fitting before the glue dries? I have used cement weld to join together 32 and 40 mm pipes with their correspective fittings no problem but i am a bit anxious about joining together big pipes as the brush that comes with the glue is fairly small and i might not be quick enough to join them together in time and i'll have to kiss good bye to the fitting and pipe. Thank you very much for your advice.

Sponsored Links
Get a bigger brush and apply liberally inside the female coupling.

The little brush is fine, just keep spreading it thick on the inside of the socket and outside the pipe, when both surfaces are fully covered push it together with a slight twisting.

You still need to get it in the right place first time, or use weld/o ring fittings, weld one end O ring the other.

Sponsored Links
Get a pot of solvent cement made by Black Swan. Instead of a brush being attached to the lid they have like a round sponge which is much better, you can apply more glue without having to keep dipping in the pot!

You should be able to buy from a local plumbers merchants easy enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back