central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. i have a VOKERA mynute 14se combi boiler and yes you've guessed it, it's packed in two days before xmas. i am with british gas breakdown but they can't get to me until tues after xmas.
i think it's the fan thats packed in, it's done it before. is it feasable for me to try and replace it ? i don't think it involves messing with the gas. is the boiler cover easy to take off ? is the fan easy to access ? can i get a replacement fan? any help would be much appreciated ( the boiler will not ignite and yesterday it was making a rattling noise )
many thanks
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
We dont advise anyone to do DIY gas boiler repairs.

The fan is classed as part of the "gas train"

In any case it would cost about £100 which would not be recoverable from BG.

It may just have seized up in which case some motor oil on the bearings may keep it going for a few days but not WD40 as thats flamable and does not last very long.

Better to buy a couple of fan heaters!

Tony

What's the point in telling someone not to replace the fan as its ' part of the gas train' then telling them how to fix it? or can they oil the fan without getting into the cc?

Plum!

I have given correct advice that a DIYer should not open the boiler.

If a modulator wants to remove that bit about oiling the fan then he will. But in that case I will expect him to also remove all the other comments about oiling fans made by the anoymous posters.

Its a bit saying dont take ectasy type drugs but anyone who does should drink lots of water as they get dehydrated.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have given correct advice that a DIYer should not open the boiler.

No you did not. You wrote this...
We dont advise anyone to do DIY gas boiler repairs.

The fan is classed as part of the "gas train"

So, you should really read what you have written.

If a modulator wants to remove that bit about oiling the fan then he will. But in that case I will expect him to also remove all the other comments about oiling fans made by the anoymous posters.

So all Mods are male then? Anyway, I detract.... mods will delete all gas advice if its reported.

Its a bit saying dont take ectasy type drugs but anyone who does should drink lots of water as they get dehydrated.

Tony... I admire your abilty to turn a boiler breakdown into a discussion about the pitfalls of MDMA. You really are the messiah.

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back