Central Heating Controls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to upgrade our CH controls.
At the moment we have a Danfoss 103 mechanical timer, which controls a back boiler with gravity feed.
I'm looking at getting a digital timer with a 7 day function so we have more control over our heating as the current one just is'nt good enough.

What would be a sutable timer and are they easy to fit?

Sponsored Links
Really you should be looking to upgrade to a C plan at minimum, or ideally an S-plan.

24 hour timer for hot water is fine, 7 day programmable room thermostat at best. I prefer the CM927 from Honeywell.

All transferable to a new boiler eventually.

remember and set your new programmer to Gravity and no matter which programmer you go for you wont be able to get CH on its own without HW unless you do some system upgrading as well

Sponsored Links
You could replace it with a Danfoss 103E5 or 103E7 digital timeswitch. These two models don't require any wiring-in as they fit over the existing back-plate (when you remove the old one). A pretty easy DIY job (just remember to isolate the power beforehand).

Note that only the 103 models are interchangeable with each other. Do not use the 102 models as they have different wiring.

Thanks for the help guys. I was looking at getting a 103 model so I think I'll go with that one.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back