Central heating filters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old topic I know - but I wonder if anything had changed since the last sets of posts on this topic?

Thinking of:
Fernox TF1 Filter
ADEY MagnaClean TwinTech
or Sentinel Eliminator System Filter

I want one for both magnetic and non magnetic junk, super easy to clean and can be fitted without soldering...

budget wise - I'm not swayed either way - at around £80-100 each £20 is neither here nor there.

Does anyone have any recent views on these?

cheers

whitling2k

Sponsored Links
You will get many different answers to this question, it's just personal preference.

I have fitted one Sentinel Eliminators and it was a bit fiddly to empty.

I have had a few Adey Magnacleans be a right pain once cleaned out, would leak at either isolation valves or at O-ring. I have seen some on this forum split.

I fitted a Fernox TF1 on my own boiler and they are my product of choice. easy to install and easy to clean but you need room above it to take the magnet out. Another chap on this forum said he had a problem with TF1s and had taken them out.

I know that a Spirovent is very popular because of it's all-brass construction but I have never fitted one.

... let the pros and cons begin ...

Having tried the Magnacleans and the TF1, I now fit the Spirotech MB3. Mainly constructed of brass, easy to install and filters non-magnetic particles as well as magnetic debris. They also come with a 20 year guarantee. It's a no brainer.

James.

+1 for Spriotec Magnabooster 20year warranty on it, literally hold a bucket underneath, or attach a washing machine hose to the outlet and turn valve, simply blows the rubbish out it.

Fernox appears to capture a decent amount but the leak more often than the magnacleans (which equally I wouldnt fit)

Sponsored Links
ooh - not come across the spirotech yet - looks like the best one so far!

good job I posted! I felt a bit doubtful - like asking fat kids if they prefer McD or the king... throw the verbal grenade then walk!

Thanks all - mind made up!

I fit an MB3 on every boiler....Very good quality product but there are some who would argue that the Spirovent products don't have much capacity for dirt but then there really shouldn't be that much left in if you have flushed so they are there just to catch the bits that are left

BK for me thanks...And a shake....And a Sundae....Then we'll stop off for a Maccy Dee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back