Central Heating Flush

Well i completed the flush earlier today, but now it seems i may have a new problem! :rolleyes:
That was written two days ago!
And yet, in all that time, you've failed to ask the right questions.
It's a bit late asking someone why they want to do something after they have done it. If you felt that the OP was in need of your valuable expertise, you should have posted your reply when he posted his original question. Horses and stable doors come to mind.

Sponsored Links
It's a bit late asking someone why they want to do something after they have done it.
How quaint that you think so. Nevertheless, you are 100% wrong.

If you felt that the OP was in need of your valuable expertise, you should have posted your reply when he posted his original question. Horses and stable doors come to mind.
Firstly, you thinking that I should have done something sooner is not the same as that thing actually needing to be done sooner.

This particular horse was standing in the courtyard for two days, while you and the other posters got precisely nowhere, so it might as well not have left the stable at all for all the good your advice has been.

Feel free to diagnose the problem in your own languid and ineffectual manner. If the OP finds your vague nonsense helpful, then that's fine, since the aim is to solve his problem.

In the meantime, seeking a description of the original symptoms is exactly the right approach, and the [non] reason for draining the DHW cylinder appeared to have passed everyone by.

Did you previously know that there was sediment in the CSC? Of course you didn't.

Did you previously know that two radiators had cold patches at the bottom? Of course you didn't.

Have you pointed out that powerflushing, or radiator removal and flushing, are the only two effective cures (without replacing rads)? Of course not. :rolleyes:

Well i've managed to get air out of one of the radiators that i was having trouble with, and now it works fine. However - with all the other rads in the house closed apart from the final troublesome one downstairs - the pump seems to be pushing hot water back up the central heating feed rather than the expansion pipe. As soon as the pump is turned off, you can hear bubbling as cold water from the F&E tank then flows back down again.

To me, this seems to indicate a block in the system, but when i open the drain cock for the problematic radiator...it flows out hot :confused: As soon as the heating is turned on, the pipe seems to cool instantly as though the pump is actually pulling water out from it?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back