Central heating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the recent good weather, I've switch the central heating off with the programmer ( its programmed to come on if the temperature goes below freezing ). However, I've noticed the boiler firing up and heating the radiators upstairs particularly the bathroom and ensuite although the radiators downstairs are aired. At the moment, I've only noticed the bioiler firing up at 6am and 5pm. The programmer which should control this shows it hasn't switch the boiler on. The central heating system is only 7 years old.

How do I rectify this issue?.

Sponsored Links
Not a honeywell programmable room stat by any chance, CM61 or 67?

andyjchad said:
However, I've noticed the boiler firing up and heating the radiators upstairs particularly the bathroom and ensuite...
You might find this is by design - many bathroom rads and towel rails are plumbed into the DHW primary, so that you can be comfy in the nude even when the CH is off.

...although the radiators downstairs are aired.
Aired? :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back