Central Heating off but radiators hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the summer and the central heating is off. The hot water comes on twice a day - and when it does, the radiators start to heat up.

How is this possible and what could be the cause?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
If you could describe your system with more detail on boiler model and all system controls ( motorised valves etc)it would help. There are a few reasons why your problem is occurring and knowing system and boiler type will help us to help you.

I've got the same problem. I have a potteron prima f boiler. Just had timer unit and circuit board replaced as they both blew and boiler stopped working. Now when the hot water is on, despite it being switched off, the heating is coming on. Need to phone engineer again.

I've got the same problem. I have a potteron prima f boiler. Just had timer unit and circuit board replaced as they both blew and boiler stopped working. Now when the hot water is on, despite it being switched off, the heating is coming on. Need to phone engineer again.
Different problem from the one above.
Please don't hijack threads.

Sponsored Links
It is the same problem. My hot water is set to come on twice a day. Heating is off (as it is Summer). When hot water is on my radiators heat up. Sound familiar? Thought it made more sense to add to this thread rather than create a new one about the same problem but I guess that's too sensible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back