Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house with 18 rads,and some of the rads are not getting hot at all.I have changed the pump to a larger one but still no joy.I can feel hot water at the infeed pipe to all the rads but it will not circulate on the rads down stairs.
Does anyone have any ideas please.
Has anybody ever put two pumps in a system,one for pushing the hot water round on the rad feeds and one for returning the water to the boiler.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the downstairs radiators are fed from upstairs I'd suspect air locks as the first possibility to investigate.

Turn off all rads except one and check that it's heating up and bleed it too. Then turn off and move onto the next one etc etc. This should flush out any air lock. Just ensure that you don't close all rads at the same time for safety reasons.

Sponsored Links
Define slightly better when you say, some of the rads aren't getting hot. How many of them; all of them upstairs or just downstairs. The the rads that work get hot enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back