Central Heating Problems

p2493710_l.jpg

the valves are there to isolate the pump ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
About the by-pass It should be fitted after the pump and before the diverter valve. It is a pipe leading from flow to return with a valve on it. This valve may have a cover protecting it from being tampered with.
(Got any pics Kev??)Often you will find a gatevalve which should have its red handle removed but rarely does!
This valve should be opened to maintain an 11ºC temp difference between flow and return at the boiler. Having one is important on apollos as they do 'kettle' creating the noises that you refer to.
I know when you think about it its actually short circuiting water that is supposed to be going round your system but thats how they work.
Open it too far and the furthest radiators may not get hot.
Close it or dont open it enough and you get the bang and clatter.
Its all about finding the right balance.

Slugbabydotcom said:
Eagles may soar high but Slugs" dont get sucked into jet engines!

ever seen a slug thats been run over by a 747 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

doitall said:
Slugbabydotcom said:
Eagles may soar high but Slugs" dont get sucked into jet engines!

ever seen a slug thats been run over by a 747 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Er .... no.... Slugs would sooner be eating the cabbages in your garden.
Talking of eating cabbages though.
Is it true that if a Brain Eating Zombie was locked in a room with traineegasman that it would die of starvation?

Personally I now connect the cold mains feed to the header tank to the outlet pipe, capping the outlet hole at the fitting. This very often results in semi-solid gunge from the feed pipe getting pushed up the vent into the tank. Helps ifyou go up there with a flexible pipe/hose with the right fittings on!

I'd also change that rad and valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back