Central Heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi combi boiler & a digital control unit to control. The central heating & hot water is set to come on between 6am&8am & 16:30&19:00
I also have a thermostat that is in the hallway, even when the the time is not in the set hours you can hear the boiler kicking in and then go off (is this normal or has this been due to a faulty stat? I can't see why it would still kick in if the control unit was also on but never messed with it as I have had hot water and hot radiators)

Now my problem is that for the last week the boiler has not been kicking in like it did before, this pointed to me a faulty thermostat, I removed it and when I turned the dial it did not make the click it used to so I went out and bought a new one, fitted it but its still the same, the boiler only comes on now when the timer allows it which means the house is freezing at night because the control unit is not set to come on, is this correct and should I now adjust the control unit to be on say 16.30&23:00 & 01:00&08:00. I personally think that this is how it should work and for the last year (since I bought the house) it has been faulty causing the boiler to kick in even when the times shouldn't allow it.

Am I being thick or can anyone put me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back