Central Heating radiator mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My living room radiator is causing me problems, its been like this since I moved in 11 months ago.

I have a Potteron boiler conventional boiler, if only the central heating is on, all my rads in the house get as hot as I want them to do no problems at all. (including living room).

When my hot water is turned on the same time as the central heating, my living room radiator doesnt get hot, the pipe leading up to the radiator is effin hot, but the radiator doesnt go past luke warm at best.... Once the water switches off, then the living room radiator will get v.v.hot finally...

Cant say its sludge as 1st scenario its perfect, cant say its air as its not hot all over.

Why does scenario 2 cause issues? anyone experienced this before?

Sponsored Links
Balance the system.

The h/w circulation is robbing the rad circuit.

Can you balance the h/w?

Do you have a bypass?

Paul.

Hi

I have tried fiddling around with balacing before but not had much luck. I find my towel rad in the bathroom gets too hot for my liking.

I just want to cover all possibilities, I have cover from British Gas, so I will get them to come here and fix it, just need enough info just incase they come with some **** like i need a power flush.

BG won't fix it, it is an installation fault, not a breakdown. The solution is simple; don't have the ch and dhw on at the same time. The better but more expensive solution would be to get a RGI in and correct all the faults.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back