Central Heating stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although the domestic water is being heated the central heating water is not circulating. The pump appears to be running the boiler is working normally the programmer is on. I have the tank in the loft system type.

Does anybody have any clues as to the problem?

Thanks David

Sponsored Links
Sounds like divertor valve is not working. This is a valve that sends the heated water around either the dhw circuit or the heating circuit. usually located somewhere near the pump. If you find it there will be a lever which you can operate manually to test if heated water then travels along nthe heating circuit. Looks like a brass 'T' with a box on top.

Thank you alf.

I believe it is the motorised valve. The system has a Siemens MA-V322C which has been commented on previously on this forum. I have discovered I can purchase a whole replacement unit with the brass body or just the top electrical box which clips on to the lower part. I have pulled up the lever and water flowed so I feel that the purchase of the top box is all that is necessary. I hope I have made the correct diagnosis. This, hopefully, will be all that is required.
Trust it to go wrong during this cold weather.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back