central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. could you explain how I pressurise a eurocombi ariston boiler. My daughters central heating system is only heating part of the upstairs radiators. I have bled the radiators so they are ok. The pressure gauge on the boiler is reading zero. I looked in your FAQ but the picture demonstrating how to do this but it bore no resemblence to the boiler in question. So a simple step by step explanation would really boost my flagging courage.
Thanks in anticipation Sivers

Sponsored Links
look at underside of boiler. Small silver braided hose going from small pipe to big pipe. Open both valves one turn at a time, and boiler will fill up. Make sure that you know where the main stopcock is, as I have had the surprise of suddenly holding the valve in my hand with water spouting out of the boiler. Yes, that means it is best to try this with the system cold

Hi there should be some sort of fill up loop on the system which should have a double check valve and a turn off tap,, inbetween there would be a flexible hose turn on both taps and fill to 1.5 bar the boilers need 1.5 to work and not 1 bar, not 100% shure but it could have an internal fill up loop built in,i have not got any info on the euro combi, look underneath of the boiler if its an internal one you will see a rigid pipe from the cold water feed to heating return pipe it may be a ballofix type turn it on so the slot runs parralell with the valve and the same the other end of the pipe when its up tp 1.5 turn off BOTH taps

sorry its a long time since i worked on one as there were not many fitted in my area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back