CH coming on with HW?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH comes on with HW and vice versa, any ideas?

I have a Honeywell 2 channel timer, Honeywell programmable room stat and Honeywell wiring centre.

I don't mind the HW working with the CH as the towel rail runs from the primary so need it to be on when the CH is on but not the other way round.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
has this just happened or have you had work done on the system ?
so if you put just heating or hw on both valves are opening ?
if you switch either one on at the programmer do both lights for hw/heating come on ?

Sponsored Links
It's a new install (month or so) and I wired it :oops:

I assume both valves are opening as everything heats up.

I only fitted the 2 channel timer today as I previously used an old timer (not a pensioner) which although you could select HW or CH had only one timer option for both. This is why I changed the timer as I thought this was the cause of the problem.

If you select one or other manually, only the one light comes on but on a timer it seems both do. I'm thinking it must be a wiring thing in the wiring centre?

It's an S plan and I cut the links in the wiring centre that it said to and the mot valves are wired correctly so am stumped though it must be something very simple. Trouble is it's making me feel even more simple.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Double check your wiring, I would not be at all surprised if you had got something wrong. You post pics of wiring centre so we can have a look to see where the fault is.
PS I also like a good laugh :evil:

Well I can offer you the free laugh but not at my wiring as it was something more stupid than that.

I adjusted the on/off times for both HW & CH from the preset ones BUT forgot to copy the days for the full week so you know what's coming next don't you.

I had only changed Monday's times and being Friday it was running against the preset times and it just so happened that I was checking the timer at the same time the preset programmes were running so assumed that I had a problem.

Well that's another to laugh about over a pint.

Why is it we forget the obvious........???

Thanks for all offers of help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back