CH not working - clunking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a gas powered combi boiler, Ferroli F30. I haven't been able to get the CH going this winter thus far. The HW works fine.

Currently the pressure is reading 1 1/2 bar, but no indicator as to what the correct level should be.

When I turn on the CH, the ignition and CH light come on solid. I see the flame, after about 15 seconds the flame goes out and there are clunking noises. By this point the pressure is wavering around 2bar and the CH light is flashing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not familiar but if it has a twin pass heat ex then i would be suspecting pump seized or burnt out

Thanks for your suggestion, though I don't know anything about boilers, I could provide a photograph - but that probably doesn't help much? I'd still be intersted in anyone elses opinion, with an idea of cost involved, and if i can't fix it myself who should I have take a look at it?

I heard the gas board can provide a fixed rate service, but would it be better to find someone local? My dad knows people.

I appreciate any advice given.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back