CH on Worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have been having problems with the hw on my Worcester 24i, it kept going off but if i tapped the front it would come back on, i posted this problem and was told it was more then likely to be the pcb. I just fitted a re-conditioned one and the hw now works better than ever but the ch doesnt work. I can hear the timer going round but it doesnt kick in, any ideas??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I just fitted a re-conditioned one and the hw now works better than ever but the ch doesnt work.

Thanks

Thats why profesionals dont fit repaired PCBs !

There is no quality control or proper testing!

Now you dont know if its the way that you have fitted the PCB or if the repaired PCB is just faulty.

I dont know either!

Tony

is this the old 24i with the grey front?

doesnt the temp dial shut off ch for summer use? check the dial/potentiometer is oriented correctly, unlikely its wrong as i think it can only go in one way but worth a try.

Assuming its the old 24i with the 8716-146-300-0 pcb then both the pot on the PCB and the knob have a one way "D" shaft which cannot be reversed.

If the PCB is OK then the connections to the screw terminal block "X2" have probably been incorrectly fitted. In some cases a link is required which may not have been refitted.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi again guys,

I have refitted the old one and now the CH comes on, but only once after its been swithched back on. If i turn it off, the pump makes a sound like its trying but the gas doesnt come on,i can only get it to come back on if i turn on the hot water!! I havent used the CH for ages as its been nice weather. i will start from the beginning and maybe you can help.

Yes its the 24i with the grey front, all was ok until the hot water started to go off after 5 to 10 mins of being on, and the only way to get it back was to tap the front of the control panel, but it would go off again, to be honest i havent used the CH in ages so i may have gone wrong at the same time. So i was told it was the PCB, looked around and they are expensive and iam alittle skint, but i found a web site selling recon,s. I got it today and fitted it, the HW works better than ever but nothing from the CH

Thanks

Also, does anyone know where to get a diagram of what wires go were, the 3 wires coming down from the inside of the boiler, 2 orange and 1 white connect at the top of the PCB, i know were the white one goes, but should the orange ones fit it any order, they connect to a black little box with 2 connectors on it.

Thanks

Hi again guys,

I have refitted the old one and now the CH comes on, but only once after its been swithched back on. Thanks

I have encountered a faulty PCB which did just that.

However, after it had gone off, it could be prompted to give another one shot CH operation by removing a connector on the thermistor on the flow pipe.

Could I ask where you bought this repaired ( but perhaps still faulty ) PCB ?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I just got another PCB sent to me today, i spoke to a man were i bought it and he was sure that the PCB works fine, so he sent me another one today, i fitted it and was the same, got HW but no CH, so was just about to call him when i saw that there was a looped peice of wire going between two connectors were the timer gets connected on my old one, took it off after fitted it and all works fine. I understand that using reconditioned parts maybe not the best thing to do, but the PCB cost me £60 were ive seen new ones for £150+, also it has a 12 month warrenty on it. The company is called Control Engineering Technology. They have a web site, you pay for the new one then send back your faulty one within seven days.

Thanks for all your help. Great site

Warren

Hi Tony,

was just about to call him when i saw that there was a looped peice of wire going between two connectors were the timer gets connected on my old one, took it off after fitted it and all works fine.

Thanks for all your help. Great site

Warren

If the PCB is OK then the connections to the screw terminal block "X2" have probably been incorrectly fitted. In some cases a link is required which may not have been refitted.
Tony

We know him! He is called Geoff ! He used to post here under the name Raden.

Tony

Yes, and CET does test them, Agile.

As evidenced by the poster having two working PCBs from them. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back