CH pump continues to run intermittently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all after some advice about central heating.
I have a old style system with tank in loft, cylinder in airing cupboard etc. The boiler is a glowworm 50ff, Wilo gold 50 pump and 2 Drayton zone valves za5. The problem is boiler is working, lights correctly and hot water gets hot and ch gets hot but intermittently when heating is up to temp the bolier will switch off but the pump will continue to run causing pipes to bang and judder. ( boiler will then sometimes req reset) My first thought was a faulty zone valve but I have checked these and all is well. Any ideas what to check next and how would be much appreciated.
Thanks mike

Sponsored Links
Probably pump overrun stat is trying to cool down the boiler, and if the bypass is not working, it is pumping against a dead head. Not easy for a DIY'er to trace, but 1st try to find your bypass, which may only be a gate valve between flow and return that may have been inadvertently closed.

The Barnet by-pass doesn’t bloody work either :mad:
Thankfully, I don’t have to use it tomorrow morning :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back