CH System

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
hi

Looking to enquire if anyone has ever had oil CH with water tank in loft above hot water cylinder and replaced system with a megaflow system??

I also have an open fire with a back boiler linked up as well?

Can this be done? if so would it be costly?

I also need to replace the oil boiler as well as its pretty old.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it can be done. Depends on your definition of costly. A budget of around £8000 to do all that would probably be required, as a rough guesstimate without having actually seen it. Much cheaper if you decide not to link the fire into it (and much cheaper to run as well - open fires are inefficient, hungry beasts)

Yes it can be done. Depends on your definition of costly. A budget of around £8000 to do all that would probably be required, as a rough guesstimate without having actually seen it. Much cheaper if you decide not to link the fire into it (and much cheaper to run as well - open fires are inefficient, hungry beasts)

can the open fire be disconnected without removing back boiler or will fireplace have to removed then back boiler?

what would be approx. cost if fire back boiler was removed?

also, if I kept existing system upgrade hot water cylinder and oil boiler flushed CH plus added pumps to increase water pressure would this be a better option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back