Chaffoteaux boiler problem...please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We have a problem with our Chaffoteaux boiler. It is a Britony Combi 80 model boiler. Since we moved in about a year ago, it has always leaked. Roughly, about half a pint every few days. As we could not afford to get it fixed we let it be.

This week however, the water came flooding out from the boiler. I turned the water out and drained the system. Upon removing the casing I saw the leak from the Diverter Valve (atleast I think that is what it is called).

I called a plumber out and he thought the same. The following day he replaced the valve but as soon as the water was put into the boiler the same thing again. He then took this of and took out another part which was like a piston, a few inches in size, directly under where this valve goes. This was totally corroded, obviously, from the year(s) of leaking.

He replaced this part the following day and there is no leaking now. But the problem is that we are getting hot water no problem. However, the central heating will simply not fire up. My plumber is stumped too. When you turn the dials for central heating there is no reaction at all.

He had already returned the new valve so we could not put this on to test if the old valve is faulty or not. I heard a lot of rattling/groaning (not sure how to describe it) when the initial leak happened and I turned everything off.

Anyone got any thoughts on this...please help us!

Sponsored Links
You have mis spelled the boiler manufacturer, the correct spelling is chaffeturd.

Sponsored Links
I recken this would be the ch flow switch stuck mi harty if i where you i woud get mi sin a cannon, no not a connon boiler i mean a cannon ball and aim it in the direction of yee boiler light yea fuse and that will be the end of yee problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back