Chainsaw oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just borrowed a Black and Decker electric chainsaw but the instructions are not very clear on what oil to use in the reservoir. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have just borrowed a Black and Decker electric chainsaw but the instructions are not very clear on what oil to use in the reservoir. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Shudder, brave!!!

You can get light chainsaw oil from any of the sheds. Use my lekky chainsaw often taking down fir trees and rotten elms, magnolia and Azaleas.

Apart from being sensible and having the right P.P.E don't be afraid of it - One of my mates let go of it when it jumped a little - if he'd just released the power it would of been fine. Broke the chain the To55er!!!

Sponsored Links
I always reckon that chainsaws are a bit like the sharp versus blunt tool situation, you are far more likely to injure yourself with a blunt tool. You are far more likely to injure yourself with a weedy chainsaw IMHO.

underpowered chainsaws are more dangerous, which is exactly what electric ones are.

I agree that chainsaws are dangerous and can be fatal, but an electric chainsaw doesn't have to be more dangerous than a petrol machine.

My Makita electric chainsaw (2000 watts) feels perfectly manageable and comfortable, used within its limits. I decided on an electric chainsaw because I need a chainsaw, but not often; when I need it, I'm always within easy reach of electricity.

It's quiet, light in weight, and easy to handle. It does have the potential to kill me; so would a chainsaw with a rorty, vibrating, smoky two-stroke motor.

youre more likely to get a kickback with it as it is underpowered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back