Chamberlain ml700 electric garage door opener problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can Anyone help.
I've just installed a chamberlain electric door opener, My problem
is setting the limits for the door to open and close.
We press the black button until the small led flashes slowly, then using the black button adjust to the correct height, all this goes according to the
instructions. Your then supposed to press button 4 on the remote and that
should be it but nothing happens.

If we press the large button on the remote the motor moves as if it was opening the door but keeps going towards the coggs and would keep going if i didn't cut the power.

I know i've not explained it very well, any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
The openers generally do not have an unlimited adjustment for the limit switches - If you have not fitted the door to specced measurements for the position of the first attachment above the door, this can through the limit switch adjustment completely out of range. This usually happens where a door is set into the building, so the runner sits far infront of the door frame, or if there is an overhang above the door, causing the runner to sit to far into the building.

Chamberlain has a good technical advice line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back