Change Drayton to a Honewell set up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My wireless Drayton thermostat / receiver is so temperamental, I have to recommission it time after time and sometimes I can't get the heating working at all (like right now). My Plumber suggests Honeywell is more reliable because it operates on a Honewell owned frequency. My question is this. Can I replace the Drayton receiver and RF thermostat units with Honeywell equivalents and operate it with the existing Drayton programmer (which is located under the boiler) OR do I have to replace all 3 units with 3 Honeywell units (i.e. the programmer as well). Needless to say this is driving me nuts and hard wiring would be a pretty big job so really need a better wireless solution. All thoughts and wisdom welcome. Happy and warm new year all.

Adrian

Sponsored Links
My Plumber suggests Honeywell is more reliable because it operates on a Honeywell owned frequency.
Nonsense. Honeywell do not 'own' the frequency. Any one can use it.

Can I replace the Drayton receiver and RF thermostat units with Honeywell equivalents and operate it with the existing Drayton programmer (which is located under the boiler)
Yes. The Honeywell receiver just has to be wired correctly.

Before splashing out money on a new thermostat, it might be worth checking that the Drayton SCR receiver is wired correctly.

L and N must come from a permanent supply; i.e L must not come from the CH On terminal of the programmer.

If L is linked to Common on the SCR backplate, it has been wired incorrectly. You will need a four wire cable to wire it correctly.

Common should connect to the CH On terminal of the programmer.

Call is the switched live to boiler/motorized valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back