changing 60A to 100A main fuse

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a seperate note although EDF have stated I had a 100A fuse, when electrician pulled it it was 60A. I have 25mm tails decent MET and now a shiny new CU (plus a couple of older CUs left to be moved) so can't see why I cant get a 100A fuse.

Anybody tell me they best way to go about etting EDF to upgrade?

Sponsored Links
blow the main fuse a few times by overload. they will get bored with putting in a new 60A and will eventually put in an 80A

You will probably have to run both your electric showers continuously for an hour or so, while your electric range cooker is preparing a meal for 12.

Why do you think you need a 100A?

Large family with a heavy load in the house. New hob is rated 10.8KW, both oven 3.8KW, electric shower, misses who lives on Tea so kettle constantly on, kids overloading on computers/games/hifi/tvs etc

oh and I suppose the underfloor heating out to the sauna probably doesnt help keeping the load down

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, but with the new hob and oven being a step up from what I had before, I just added it up and it seems like 60A is cutting it fine.
That and the fact that I dont like being lied to by a utility company, and if they really think it is 100A - it should be.

you mean, in the same way that all 13Amp plugs should have 13Amp fuses in them?

If it isn't blowing a 60A fuse, it is adequate for what you use. Putting it higher would mean your installation could seriously overload and the fuse would not blow.

A house will burn down sooner than a 100A fuse blows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back