Changing Bulb in Garden Wall Recess Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a series of recessed garden wall lights outside and a couple of them have gone. I have attached a picture. Any ideas how you would remove and disconnect them to change the bulb (or fixture entire if necessary)?

I have a few larger ones of the garden steps which have alan key screws to remove the face plate but these small ones have nothing. Thanks

Attachments

• Garden wall light.jpeg
    Garden wall light.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Look under the bottom edge, there may be a small slot where you insert a screwdriver and ping off the silver cover

Look under the bottom edge, there may be a small slot where you insert a screwdriver and ping off the silver cover

I have managed to slot it out the wall as per attached pic. Not sure how to get to light bulb. I have tried seeing if the plastic barrel unscrews which it doesn’t. The metal prongs seem to be glued to front plate. It also won’t pull out any further. Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• 124E7A0D-B108-4602-A65E-2EFCC4A6FD9F.jpeg
    124E7A0D-B108-4602-A65E-2EFCC4A6FD9F.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a series of recessed garden wall lights outside and a couple of them have gone. I have attached a picture. Any ideas how you would remove and disconnect them to change the bulb (or fixture entire if necessary)?

I have a few larger ones of the garden steps which have alan key screws to remove the face plate but these small ones have nothing. Thanks
While you "have" these lights. did YOU arrange to have them "installed" ?

No matter!
You can now arrange to change things, as you desire.

Some may be of the opinion that a "fitting" with a "replaceable" LED is preferable to a "replaceable" LED fitting.

The choice is now yours!

Good luck.

While you "have" these lights. did YOU arrange to have them "installed" ?

No matter!
You can now arrange to change things, as you desire.

Some may be of the opinion that a "fitting" with a "replaceable" LED is preferable to a "replaceable" LED fitting.

The choice is now yours!

Good luck.

No previous owners had it all done. Any ideas how I would take the integrated unit out? Doesn’t seem to want to come out any further than in the last photo? Thanks

Pull harder until wiring is accessible, or look on the other side of the wall.

if that's not accessible because someone installed them and then filled behind the wall with soil, concrete or whatever - disconnect the whole lot, cut the wires off and fill the holes with cement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back