chimney flashing tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have looked at all the topics on the site and at the lead sheet association images for chimney flashing and they all concentrate on the flashing by the roof (apron, back gutter and sides) which I am half tempted to have a go at (have done some step flashing at an abutment before which went ok) although it would be bossed as I wouldn't know where to start with welding..

I've got some questions though about further leadwork in the chimney.. is there a tray below the roof line as well as near the top? are the trays made from a single piece of lead - and if so where is a good place to buy it? the rolls at a builders merchant don't go wide enough (chimney will be quite big). Does it matter where the tray above the roof line goes.. should it be within a certain distance of the top of the chimney?

many thanks

Trev

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back