Choice of boiler - Alpha any good?

Well when they took me clay pigeon shooting Worcester

Was it good Paul? I'm off up there for 2 days including hotel etc paid for by them/plumbs in a months time. Hopefully will get the clay pigeon shooting as well, rather than the golf.

Sponsored Links
Time to resurrect and update this thread.
OK - Worcester-Bosch are the most heavily advertised. BG likes them. Draw your own conclusions.
We have an Alpha (trade version of Baxi) CD35C which is nearly six years old. Utterly faultless. Everything is inside the cabinet flap - loop, dial, settings - perfect for cleanliness, reliability and, especially in 'rougher' locations eg garage. No extras that fitters like for adding charges! Best warranty (5 or 7yrs) but, as serious consumers realise, warranties are worthless if you cannot enforce them or there are reams of small print in the T&Cs.
Forget the rest, this is the one to fit.

Sponsored Links
Time to resurrect and update this thread.
OK - Worcester-Bosch are the most heavily advertised. BG likes them. Draw your own conclusions.
We have an Alpha (trade version of Baxi) CD35C which is nearly six years old. Utterly faultless. Everything is inside the cabinet flap - loop, dial, settings - perfect for cleanliness, reliability and, especially in 'rougher' locations eg garage. No extras that fitters like for adding charges! Best warranty (5 or 7yrs) but, as serious consumers realise, warranties are worthless if you cannot enforce them or there are reams of small print in the T&Cs.
Forget the rest, this is the one to fit.

So many inaccuracies in that post :rolleyes:

Who told you that?

One of the region's top fitters, son-in-law of neighbour. {But heard it several years ago from a personal friend, director of an installer company elsewhere in the UK, too}. He, neighbour, recently installed a Baxi- badged boiler for his mother-in-law at her request. The details on their box tally with those in my manual. Whoever told you not, was incorrect.
There aren't many manufacturers of anything in this world any longer, just a question of who sticks the badges on!

So many inaccuracies in that post
Pointless post without specifics.
It is a matter of fact that my Alpha has performed faultlessly for ~6yrs, unless you know black is white. It is a matter of fact that many similar reports exist.
The only claimed advantage of W-B is that it has an advanced design with only 3 moving parts. The trade seems to have more call outs with those parts and, of course, it's misleading advertising hype if their pcb and other non-moving parts fail more often, which they seem to do. Hence my allusion to advertising and BG - wouldn't listen to either.

Only 3 moving parts in the wooster botch??????? NOPE. More like 6.

Advanced design??????? Definately not

Wtf are you on about iamthedoctornot:?:

TCCHeating

Try to read what I say, not what you think has been said. Time and again I hear these CLAIMS about Worcester-Bosch. As I clearly say - it's all hype. I don't believe it either. I hear about folk who've had these expensive machines installed and have had to invoke their warranty (or, at least, try) within a year or two. That is not the experience with Alpha/Baxi.
hrs2004 originally asked about Alpha boilers - that is the title of this thread. I answered his enquiry with a long term experience. If other guys want to chime in with other makes, they can; it doesn't directly address the title, though.
Incidentally, ChrisRoberts (no2), all Alpha boilers have an ss heat exchanger now.

Are we talking about the same "Alpha"?

We mean Alpha Innovation is based at Wrotham Heath, Sevenoaks, Kent.

I'd recommend the Intec 34C, although the ECO and lower O.P. units are basically the same and all have an ss core. Obviously, mine is the older CD version. Not always true, but the newer versions may be even better and are offered with 7yr PP warranty (for extra up-front payment). Certainly, their specs are improved.
I've said my piece now about Alpha so leave this thread wishing good luck to all who sail in her.

I'd recommend the Intec 34C, although the ECO and lower O.P. units are basically the same
OK, we are talking about the same company.

I've said my piece now about Alpha so leave this thread wishing good luck to all who sail in her.
And you can carry on believing that Alpha boilers are actually Baxi's sold to the 'trade'! :rolleyes: :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back