Chopper Creator dies, 85.

Sponsored Links
Hey Subman thats the second dry wit comment today - you are quite the comedian :cool:

My enduring memory of the Chopper unfortunately was having parents who could not afford to buy me one so I spent my childhood deep in insecurity , envy and jealousy thanks to my peers having received any of the following which I never got.

1. Johnny Seven rifle
2. Raleigh Chopper
3. Scalextric
4. Branded Football Boots
5. Leather Football
6. Raleigh Hustler

you forgot the raleigh bomber i was so jealous when my my mate got one :D they did bring the chopper back a few years ago but without the iconic gear stick which is a bit like a painting without a frame

Sponsored Links
I had loads of fun polishing my chopper when I was about 12.

you forgot the raleigh bomber i was so jealous when my my mate got one :D they did bring the chopper back a few years ago but without the iconic gear stick which is a bit like a painting without a frame

elf n safety killed off the centre gear change as it meant young jimmy would need to take his hand off the handlebar to change gear

In our school we had a Canadian kid who brought his 'chopper' from home. Made the Raleigh one look like a naff toy. His was well bigger and better more gears and everything. Plus it was a chrome frame -now that was something to be in awe off

And no I never got a chopper either as they were well too dear(or so Mum said) ...In fact I only ever remember seeing a few back then for that very reason.

All those kids riding on his chopper and he didn't get locked up. Was he a catholic priest?

Sponsored Links
Back