Chrome fittings & downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going for satin nickel/stainless style sockets, howver most of the chandeleirs and art deco lite fittings seem to be in chrome nowadays. Are chrome sockets old fashioned, is it black chrome what most people go for nowadays?

This puts the downlighters out that I was going to use also (satin nickel) if I have a chrome centre light. Chrome downlighters would be too much I think so considering white items. Are the adjustable items or paintable ones where the lamp adjust internally better as in looks wise?

Sponsored Links
I have re-wired a very large property, Brushed stainless steel switch tops but satin nickel downlighters.

The finish is **** hot!!!

Put darker metal down lighters into a ceiling and you MAY get the impression of 'holes' in the ceiling when they are not turned on.

Ceiling height dependant

Cheers mate, that was my original plan, the ceiling height is 8ft and was going to use MR11's.
What colour were their light fittings though, did they have any central pendants, as I only want a few downlighters (6) around parts of the room. Cant find many satin nickel pendants!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back