Chuck for Sander / Polisher?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Sander / Polisher like this:

868658.jpg

It has a standard angle grinder thread. Does anyone know if you can get a drill chuck to fit it, thus making a right-angle drill?

Sponsored Links
it wouldnt have much usable power and burn a lot as it needs a reduction of around 75% [4 to 1 ratio] to be usable

aaahhh just had a look 3000 rpm 1200w opposit to what i said may be to feirce if you could get a chuck!!!!

Sponsored Links
big-all said:
......just had a look 3000 rpm 1200w opposite to what I said may be to fierce if you could get a chuck!!!!
Is this possibly why manufacturers put an M14 thread on them - because it's not compatible with chucks? I'm with BA - I have an angle drill and it's maximum speed is 1300 rpm and even at that it's pretty grabby, so a machine with a starting speed of 900 rpm is starting a bit fast IMHO. I'm also wondering how you'd hold it single handed. I'd have thought a proper close-quarter drill:

4191027XAHL._AA280_.jpg

or angle drill:

32390.jpg

which is designed to be held one-handed and used in confined spaces would do a much better job, especially as these units have a reverse - try drilling between joists and you'll soon realise why you need that - and also a very progressive speed control. All these angle drills are also pretty low power devices, again presumably on safety grounds. Failing one of those what about a right-angle head for a drill with forward/reverse? I know that AEG/Atlas-Copco (now Milwaukee) used to do one for their drills as did Bosch:

winkelbohrkopf.jpg

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back