circulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A large open vented system with 28 radiators 38kilowatt boiler (new) new pump, finding difficulties to get all radiators to heat up. Tried balancing, if you turn 3 off at one end of the house all the rest will run, but they won't all run at the same time.

If you turn all the radiators on it's always the same 3 that won't heat up unless you turn some others off.

I'm stumped....do you think it could be that the pump is the wrong size?

Sponsored Links
perhaps the runs are a bit long on some of the pipework but I don't think it's the pipe size, but I'm not sure, you might be onto something.

Would need a complete breakdown of the system to work it out.

Radiator sizes/outputs and pipes sizes/lengths.

What pump is installed as well

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to do that as you can't see a lot of the pipework as it's under the floorboards and buried in the walls. I do know it's a mix, some microbore and some 15mm

22mm is too small.

MV = motorised valves, 2 or 3 port.

You haven't said what pump yet.

I would have expected to see at least 28mm pipe upto a 28mm 3port valve and a 25/55 or even a 25/80 pump for a system that size.

As I said it needs breaking down and sizing properly or we can only guess from experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back