Citroen Saxo 1.0 dead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new to the forum so hello all.

Wondering if anyone can help me with this problem my mate has with his saxo.

It died on him this morning getting into work and said that it cut out in low revs and made a bit of a clunk and would not start again.

I had a guess that it could be the crankshaft sensor and after a visit to the scrapyard where we acquired this sensor from another saxo, off we went to his car where he left it.

When I we opened the bonnet to replace the sensor we found that his crankshaft sensor it had been ripped out from its bracket and there was quite a bit of damage to the end of the actual sensor itself.

Thinking no more of it then something must of hit it and knocked it out we replaced the sensor and as if by magic the car was alive. Fired up first time. But our excitement was cut short as when he went to pull away he had no drive and could move the gear stick into every gear without the clutch whilst the engine was still running... Bad times.

Now I know this is a gearbox problem but I was wondering if anyone can point their finger to the source of the problem itself. Especially as it must have ripped the crankshaft sensor out at the same time. Which seems strange to me.

Any help will be much appreciated guys ( and girls )

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Probably not a gearbox problem mate, rather the clutch itself has called it a day....
The crank sensor pokes itself into the clutch bell housing, and if the clutch breaks up, debris gives the sensor a clout. Exploding clutches aren't too common but the friction plate is the weakest link.
John :)

Either way, the gearbox has to be dropped out from the bottom....would be interested to hear how it goes!
At least its comparitively light in weight for once....!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Haha yeah that's true. I'll have to see what he wants to do. Think he was going to sell it for scrap but the car itself it seems in ok knick. So if he's adamant on getting rid of it I'll buy it off him and fix it myself. I'll keep you informed.
Dave

Back