Citroen Xsara Picasso misfiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone help diagnose the problem with my year 2000 1.8i 16v picasso please?

the engine is misfiring through all gears and on tick over really struggling to run.

Therefore, i fitted a new fuel filter and a new set of plugs. Took it for a spin and it's still the same. I took the plugs out again to inspect them and two of them were black and sooty and two were spotless with just a little white residue. After the quick run round the block i also had a look under the car and the cat was glowing bright red!

I've now tried some injector cleaner in the fuel with no joy.

Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
New coil pack needed I'm afraid...see Gendan website? The 1600 has all 4 coils in one, not sure about the 1800.
Cheers John

thanks Burnerman,

Yea this has 4 coils in one. Made by Sagem. At first I thought it could be the cat so at least the coil pack is easy to replace. Probably 100 squid though! :mad:

Sponsored Links
Hi, Can anyone help diagnose the problem with my year 2000 1.8i 16v picasso please?

the engine is misfiring through all gears and on tick over really struggling to run.

Therefore, i fitted a new fuel filter and a new set of plugs. Took it for a spin and it's still the same. I took the plugs out again to inspect them and two of them were black and sooty and two were spotless with just a little white residue. After the quick run round the block i also had a look under the car and the cat was glowing bright red!

I've now tried some injector cleaner in the fuel with no joy.

Any ideas???

hi just wondering if you managed to sort your car out,as mine has the same problem,got a second hand coil pack off a 406 and the car ran really well for a couple of days--then symptoms reoccured--changed the plugs and shes a lot better but still not right,feels a bit slow and some major flat spots when generally driving around this car is doing my head in,do you have any ideas--or anybody else out there,any help would be greatly appreciated nigel......

Back