ck700 battery drain, alarm panel output 1.5v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any please help. I have a securit 700l (CK700). I renewed the battery as bought system a couple of years ago and never installed it (original died 1 hour after installation would no longer hold a charge or take one). Now installed the standby battery seems to be doing all the work. I have wired the PIRs to aux for LED and also to zones for trip. All tampers wired to 24 tamper. Key pad also wired as instructed to aux for power. All of the above works fine. Trouble is the battery which is only a day old seems to lose charge although recharges quickly and cells test ok. Although I have 240v going in the output without the battery connected is only 1.5v DC, is this normal? I would have expected the 240v to output 12v DC and power PIRS using battery as a backup. If anyone can make sense of this please advise. The manual does indicate PSU output 12v Nom. Bell battery was also flat before install and has went flat a few times during testing (neighbors not happy) I understand that the internal bell battery would be taking a charge as well as led supply indicator. All works and responds fine other than the power issue.

Sponsored Links
Can any please help. I have a securit 700l (CK700). I renewed the battery as bought system a couple of years ago and never installed it (original died 1 hour after installation would no longer hold a charge or take one). Now installed the standby battery seems to be doing all the work. I have wired the PIRs to aux for LED and also to zones for trip. All tampers wired to 24 tamper. Key pad also wired as instructed to aux for power. All of the above works fine. Trouble is the battery which is only a day old seems to lose charge although recharges quickly and cells test ok. Although I have 240v going in the output without the battery connected is only 1.5v DC, is this normal? I would have expected the 240v to output 12v DC and power PIRS using battery as a backup. If anyone can make sense of this please advise. The manual does indicate PSU output 12v Nom. Bell battery was also flat before install and has went flat a few times during testing (neighbors not happy) I understand that the internal bell battery would be taking a charge as well as led supply indicator. All works and responds fine other than the power issue.

Has been on for 12 hours now still holding ok. I will disconnect and test the battery tomorrow to see if it has depleted any. On hind site there is a chance I could have discharged it during testing or it may have been low to start with.

Has been on for 12 hours now still holding ok. I will disconnect and test the battery tomorrow to see if it has depleted any. On hind site there is a chance I could have discharged it during testing or it may have been low to start with.

Spoke too soon. alarm went off last night after I posted above. Battery was down at 7v. I am sure that the PSU is knackered as it only outputs 1.5v anyone agree? Could I use a normal 12v transformer e.g. game charger?

Sponsored Links
The AC output from the transformer should be around 18v.You should then have 13vDC at the battery terminals , if not then your panel is faulty.Check the fuses (with a meter) .It could be that the voltage regulator is shot , but I would just swap the panel for a Veritas or G4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back