Cladding/GRP for rear of monopitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some clear thought as my mind is fuddled with this. Single storey kitchen extension is progressing - tiles now on monopitched roof, looking to close in the back of it. My initial naive suggestion to BCO when he asked what I intended to use was UPVc cladding. Cheap and cheerful. He stated that it must be euroclass A1...... No problem I thought, I'll just use that fancy cement board plank cladding like cedral weatherboard or Hardieplank.

Just measured up and I need 25 planks, along with all the associated trims..... Gonna cost around £400. With ever dwindling funds I'm trying to think of an alternative as this cladding will not be seen unless I'm on the roof. My only thought is to use the rest of the OSB board I've got and GRP it the same as the warm flat roof. That clearly is OK in the eyes of BCO as it offers the same fire rating as the rest of the roof and will cost £150 in GRP.

Please give me an idea if I'm loosing the plot or any other suggestions. Christmas booze, tiling the roof in sub zero, scrimping to get the build finished in budget is driving me closer to tablets.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back