Clearing a Soak Away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a soak away on a small patio area that drains away very slowly leaving pool of water on patio.

I suspect either it is bunged up with decomposing materials (leaves etc) and/or the ground it is soaking into is saturated.

I've tried clearing away as much as I can, as far as my arm can reach. And there does appear to be some a far bit of gunk.

Assuming the former (bunged up) how can I can clear material I can't reach? Is there something I can hire to 'suck' up the remaining stuff?

If I need to get professinal help who best ... drainage company or gardening company?

Cheers and happy new year

Sponsored Links
Something like a pond-vac should it but will need to add water to help the debris more runny. Not sure what you have in your country, see what your hire shop can offer you.

Might be an idea to change your drain outlet to a difference type preventing it happening again. I have a removeable drain cover to collect the debris which is trapped on the outer tray compartment for easy cleaning.

Gardening co. would be cheaper.....over here in Kent, anyways ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back