Cloakroom re-fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nearly finished the tiling, now to put in the wc
I think you are supposed to bed the WC pedestal in before levelling and screwing to the floor, What do I use to bed in?
Also I have a flexible waste pipe from the back of the pan to outlet in the floor, Do I use any sealant (silicone) to either end or just push fit Dry?

The corner basin is just wall hung (without pedestal) by 2 long coach type bolts that came with the basin. 1 Wall is a brick the other is plaster stud but with a bit of 4" x 2" built into the frame.
Does that sound enough or should I get some sort of Hangers as Well?

Sponsored Links
Check the manufacturers instructions regarding the toilet. Mine didnt specify any bedding compound at all so i sat it on a bed of silicon then screwed it into the floor.
The pan connector can be fitted without the use of silicon but check for leaks after a few flushes. I bought a faulty flexible pan connector from Wickes, it was split along the seem - good job i spotted it!
I would've thought the basin will be fine so long as there is support behind the stud to fix into. 4 x 2 sounds plenty so long as its secured to the stud work firmly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back