CMT921 - CMT927 Difference?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

neewbie on this forum so please treat me kindly!

I have an antique Worcester Heatslave Highflow combi which we are currently in the process of reviewing for replacement.
The boiler itself is working perfectly.
However we want to instal a Honeywell programmer/thermostat.

I have already ordered a Honeywell CMT921 but I understand the CMT927 is better.

Could someone please tell me the basic differences in them.

Also is it simply DIY to instal either.

Thank you B

Sponsored Links
I have already ordered a Honeywell CMT921 but I understand the CMT927 is better.

The CMT921 is a 24 hour timer, so you will have exactly the same settings every day of the week. The CMT927 is a seven day timer, so you have separate settings for every day of the week.

Installation is very easy. What timer and thermostat do you have at the moment?

The CMT921 is a 24 hour timer, so you will have exactly the same settings every day of the week. The CMT927 is a seven day timer, so you have separate settings for every day of the week.

Installation is very easy. What timer and thermostat do you have at the moment?

I only have the current timer on the Worcester boiler and the basic temperature controls.
No roomstats at all, I am told we could/should have a considerable saving with the Honeywell?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Not sure about considerable but you should save. There is a link in the boiler which needs removing and connecting to A + B on the cm921 , along with a live and neutral from either the boiler terminals (could use 4 core for all) or the fused spur which the boiler is wired into.

Set the built in timer to constant and away you go.

HTH Sam

Mr Football

Just as an added boost to your confidence - I did the same replacement recently with the 921 ( the Daily version, not the 927 Weekly programmer) and as mentioned by the previous pros, it is a doddle, and incidentally works a treat !! I have my programmer located in the lounge where I can over-ride as necessary.

As a retiree, I decided against the 927 because I cannot predict a week like a 'working person' can, ie weekends are different to work/week days. My days are all weekends !!!!!
So it means I have programmed a typical day, but simply over-ride via the 'Manual' position if the day is 'out of the normal'.

ALSO - heed the 'regular' guys on this site - they are spot on helpfull!!

SB

Both of these Honeywell timers are universal wireless room thermostats. The only real difference is in the time settings that are open to you.

The CMT 921 gives you 1 time setting, so the room temperatures will be the same from day to day.
http://www.directheatingsupplies.co...eless-1-Day-Programmable-Room-Thermostat.aspx

The CMT 927 is a 7 day room thermostat, so you can set a different tempeature on different days across the week if you wish.
http://www.directheatingsupplies.co...Programmable-Room-Thermostat-CMT927A1049.aspx

You are essentially paying for more control & timing options:

The CMT 921 gives you 1 time setting,
Errr, it gives you 6 customisable time/temperature zones over a single 24 hour period.

The CMT 927 is a 7 day room thermostat, so you can set a different tempeature on different days across the week if you wish.
Close, but no cigar.

you can set six different time zones with different temperatures on different days across the week.

And to think we waited 3 years for this. :LOL:

As a retiree......I cannot predict a week like a 'working person' can, ie weekends are different to work/week days. My days are all weekends !!!!!
The phrase I use: Every night's a Friday night, every day is a Saturday. :LOL:
Five months down the line and still loving it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back