Cold feed to bathroom from tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Am running a 3/4 cold feed pipe from attic tank to feed bath,basin and WC.

The pipe drops about 6 inches at the cold water tank and then runs about 5 metres across at a slight fall and then drops to the bathroom. This worked fine when I tested it first but once I emptied the tank by filling the bath it no longer works even when I refill the attic tank. The pressure is lost and I now just have a gurgly pipe with barely enough pressure to get a dribble from the bath taps.

2 Questions:

1) Is this 5 metre run too long and thats why it wont work - if so how come it worked initlally

2) If this set-up sounds ok what could be happening after the tank empties?

Many Thanks

V

Sponsored Links
Are you a plumbski :LOL: You`ve got an airlock..can you remove the 6 inch drop and use the height to get more fall on the total lengthski :?:

Thanks Nige

Am I plumski :oops: er yes kind of - new to the domestic set up.

I can clear the airlock but am worried that it will keep reoccurring becuase of the lenght of the run or do you reckon a 5 metre run is ok like this?

Thanks again :D

Sponsored Links
if u need 5 m u need 5m......why not fit a bigger tank if its a continuos problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back