Cold on one side of house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, is there anything i can do to make it warmer on one side of house. Not sure if it's the right forum, so apologies if not.

It has cavity wall insulation. I have put a bigger radiator on the stairs & when we get toilet done, a radiator will be installed. Also we will put in a bigger rad in bathroom when that gets done.

No room in hallway to put a rad, it's pretty Baltic there. Including toilet & 2 large cupboards, all these have outside or back onto a concrete shed wall.

Can i insulate cupboards internally or is there something else i can do?

Cheers for any replies

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Approx build 1970-75
Cavity wall insulation
End terrace
Tiled roof.
Most of the Cold side facing north.

Not very good drawing, hopefully it's what's required. IMG_20221215_195322.jpg

Have you had a go at balancing the Radiators as a first step. The idea is to have an even temperature drop from in feed to out feed, usually 5-15 degrees between them. If one or two rads are wide open, they will have almost no temperature drop, so the boiler return will be hot water, so it wont add a lot of heat and whole house stays cold. Once you have them balanced better you can address and look at thermal upgrades that wont break the bank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back