cold rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help ????
i drained down my central heating system to fit a towel radiator, when i refilled the system every radiator in the house is scalding hot apart from 1, the two 10mm pipes that feed it are also cold, is this an air lock and is there a solution ??? many thanks. there is no header tank and i dont have a combi, only a hot water cylinder and a cold storage tank in the loft.

Sponsored Links
have u tried venting the rad? have you tried turning your central heating on and shutting down the other radiators to try push any air through@

Nath

yes ive done that and the pipes are still cold, would taking the rad off then opening up the valves help ?

If you have closed all radiators apart from the problem one (which I assume was working before you drained down) and the problem still persists, yes I would advise to remove rad and ensure you have flow at valves, if so take rad outside and blast through with garden hose

Sponsored Links
hi, ive take the rad off the wall, there is water coming out of the lockshield valve but nothing coming out of the trv valve, do you have any suggestions, all other rads are ok. thanks

Op, you have identified the problem - you now need to try working the valve until you have water flowing out of it. Opening a duplicate post doesn't help :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back