Cold Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just moved into a new flat with a central heating system i am not familiar with. There is a single pipe that connects to all radiators both inlet and outlet. How can this work? Also i have one cold radiator, if i bleed it it gets hot, then cools down again, i have tried bleeding with each valve off in turn, but the same occurs!

Sponsored Links
problem with a single pipe system is that the last rad is only getting lukewarm water, try closing the first couple of lockshield rad valves in the run down and the open them about half a turn.

i have already tried that, alos i switched off every other rad and the rad didnt even get warm!

ollski said:
problem with a single pipe system is that the last rad is only getting lukewarm water, try closing the first couple of lockshield rad valves in the run down and the open them about half a turn.

Wont that, in a single pipe system, just mean there is less hot water to go around altogether?

Sponsored Links
Do both pipes to the radiator go in at the bottom? It works better if the inlet pipe goes in at the top and the outlet is at the bottom. It would even be worth changing the pipe to do this. Don't worry about looks, you can't afford to if you want it to work.

Single pipe systems may not be the modern vogue, but they do work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back