cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it common to have a cold radiator on a newly drained down system. A friend of mine has just bought a house and one of the radiators isn't working. He has had it a week, and I thought the problem was a sticky thermostat, so I dreained it down for him, fitted a new thermostat, and re-filled the system. The radiator is still cold, although te flow pipe get hot (after a little while though). I think that the radiator is served by the flexible pipe (not copper), but I'm not why this would make a difference.

Any suggestion would be helpful

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning all other rads off this increase pump pressure which may clear an airlock

Check the lockshield is fully opened and as rob says turn all others off, turn off hot water if it is a standard system, shut bypass valve and put pump on full speed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - I'll pop over and try both those tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back