Cold radiators at end of run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
at my office there are 3 radiators at the end of the central heating run that are cold.
They all have thermostatic valves on them.
The flow and return pipes are hot up until the radiator (which gets hot) before these three but are cold from from there on.
Could it be that the thermostatic heads are stuck and possibly the system needs re balancing.
The people who were in the offices before had a doorway put in and a radiator removed so I don't know if that affected the heating system.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the thermostatic heads are stuck and possibly the system needs re balancing.
Yes and Yes.
See the faq section
If they don't work when you shut all the others, the plumbing's been Polished or the valves are stuck.

Hi,
at my office there are 3 radiators at the end of the central heating run that are cold.

rads are parallel, so their position has little to do with the problem. you forgot to mention whether they have ever worked or not

Yes as far as I know (because we haven't been there that long) they were working for the previous company.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back